Friday, October 9, 2009

Pumpkin Inspiration


I saw this today on the Better Homes and Gardens website and just thought it was the coolest and simplest of ideas that needed to be shared! I love pumpkins (especially in food) but don't really enjoy pumpkin carving. First of all, pumpkin carving is messy! Also, unless I follow a stencil my pumpkin ends up looking pretty pathetic.

This pumpkin however is so fall festive, elegant, and incredible easy to recreate. In fact, I have a whole naked pumpkin sitting right outside my door just waiting to be prettied up!


You will need:

Dolly
Repositionable Adhesive like this
Black Paint
Stencil Brush

To make the pumpkin pretty:

Cut out the center of the dolly, spray the back of the dolly with adhesive and let dry. Next apply the dolly ring to the top or bottom of the pumpkin, press firmly to secure. (You may need to cut slits in the dolly for it to lay flat). Apply a small amount of paint using a stencil brush in a dabbing motion. Allow paint to dry slightly and then carefully remove the dolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment